Our NDIS Team
Grafton & Coffs Harbour NSW
Susan McLachlanLocal Representative
Susan has a background in financial planning and banking, managing her own practice. Also, Susan spent over 10 years in the Disability sector. Moreover, Susan’s husband managed a respite and care home with her support. Due to this experience, Susan’s passion ignited towards the protection and betterment of vulnerable persons. Furthermore, Susan is still serving as an advocate on behalf of those who need a voice. Equally important Susan enjoys just helping people.
Grafton and Coffs Harbour NSW
Grafton’s location is approximately 2.5 hours South of Gold Coast part of Northern Rivers region with Coffs Harbour being 3.5 hours part of Mid North Coast Region. In contrast to each other Grafton, population 20,000 on the Clarence River and Coffs Harbour, population 75,000 on the Pacific Coast.
• Settled on Clarence 1883 as a port for Lumbermen
• Known for prime Cattle, timber, sugar cane, Jacaranda Festival, and Aged Health and Care Industries
• Localities of South Grafton, Ulmarra, Lawrence, Copmanhurst, Junction Hill, Seelands, Jackadgery, Yamba and Maclean
• A picturesque historical township
• Started primarily with Bananas being replaced by Blueberries, tourism, and fishing.
• Recent addition Southern Cross University
• Boasts magnificent views of mountain ranges and National Parks through to ocean views.
• The essential Solitary Islands Marine Park and Mutton Bird Island
• Localities of Boambee, Saphire Beach, Sawtell, Toormina, Woolgoola, Glenreagh, and Nan Glen.
Local government areas in proximity are:
• Coffs Harbour
The rollout for the NDIS completed in 2018 for Grafton and Coffs Harbour areas.
Local Area Coordinator (LAC) partner for the Grafton area is Social futures, Coffs Harbour Mid North Coast Community Care. Early Childhood Early Intervention (ECEI) partner being Northcott for both areas.